The Creative Marketing team at Whiteboard is looking for a curious, proactive learner and team-minded Marketing Strategist. We need an individual who isn’t afraid to take on new challenges. At Whiteboard we value stewardship, belief and generosity. We seek to embody that through our client relationship, internal culture and the passion we put into the work we get to do each day.
Whiteboard’s HQ is located in Chattanooga, Tennessee with co-working locations in Atlanta and Nashville. We are a remote-work friendly environment. We value community and our work culture so making time to visit HQ, co-working locations and attending team events is encouraged. This role will also be highly collaborative with the Digital Marketing director and other designers on our team so working environments that make for easy collaboration will also be beneficial.
- You'll write compelling copy for various brands, audiences, and campaigns
- You'll develop wireframes, sitemaps, user journeys, and assist in the content strategy for marketing websites
- You’ll edit marketing copy to be quippy and clear
- You’ll edit microsite campaigns, landing pages, and ad creative
- You’ll build and launch new websites and landing pages alongside the Whiteboard web team or using various tools
- You’ll craft beautiful emails for various campaigns
- You’ll create and send email marketing campaigns for large and small organizations and objectives
- You’ll develop, plan, and create content for various brands and channels
- You’ll automate systems that bring in results and create less work for us and our clients
- You’ll think strategically for our clients and discover new marketing opportunities
- Technology agnostic; you can use many various CMS and third-party apps to get work done
- Diverse portfolio of marketing campaign examples you have developed or lead
- Ability to adapt copy tone of voice to align with various audiences
- Incredible attention to detail and ability to focus on multiple things concurrently
- Ability to work on multiple projects in the same week
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills both for client communication and team communication
- A desire to work for redemptive brands and causes
- You gotta have a sense of humor
QUALITIES WE’RE LOOKING FOR
You’re an expert generalist.
You’re experienced in multiple things and don’t feel attached to your tools, you’ll learn what’s needed for the job or task, but you can go deep into a thing when you need to.
You love learning and self-teaching.
When faced with something you don’t understand— you’ll Google it and read a reputable article or watch a video on YouTube before you ask someone how to do a thing.
You're a great writer, but an even better editor.
You can self-edit your work and trim all the fat until what’s left is all that is needed.
You can edit someone else’s work and polish it up.
You’re not afraid to edit someone’s else work or provide clear, courteous, honest feedback.
You sweat the small stuff.
You're always watching for typos, and keeping an eye out for the details that others miss. You get that the last 10% of a campaign is what can make all the difference.
You’re analytical and creative.
You’re not scared to get deep into a spreadsheet or Google Analytics, but you also have an eye for design.
You manage your own time and work effectively and efficiently. You’re not the type to wait for a project manager to tell when you’re over-budget or at a deadline.
You can express your opinion confidently.
You’re not scared to speak up when you disagree, or when you think something needs improvement, and you do it with confidence and respect for others.
You're a self-starter.
You understand when you already have permission.. You see something broken, and you fix it. You see how to improve something, and you make it happen.
You're a team player.
You don’t care who has the idea, as long as it’s good. You care more about the end result than about personal recognition.