The Operations team at Whiteboard is looking for a curious, proactive learner and team-minded assistant and project manager understudy who cares deeply about clients, company culture and communication. We need an individual who isn’t afraid to take on new challenges, learn new tools and offers a strong sense of adaptability, initiative and ideation. As an operations assistant and project manager, it’s critical that you have strong organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills. You know how to keep a level head and not create panic or false urgency. You are a critical thinker, proficient communicator, planner and doer. At Whiteboard we value stewardship, belief and generosity — we seek to embody that through our client relationship, internal culture and the passion we put into the work we get to do each day.
What You’ll Do at Whiteboard
- Support: assist the Director of Operations & Experience in creating, implementing and maintaining new operations processes and running project management for internal projects. You’ll also support administrative and organizational needs.
- Project Management: help keep projects organized, well communicated and documented. Assisting the Director in seeing the project from beginning to end and ensuring a focus on organization, timeline and communication.
- Client Experience: help with client communication and scheduling. Making sure clients feel heard, cared for and establishing a strong sense of communication and transparency in order to avoid surprises and help set correct expectations.
- Never stop learning!
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills both for client communication and team communication.
- Demonstrable ability to mitigate risk and lead successful projects.
- You’re motivated by a fast-paced, collaborative environment and have the organizational skills to push work forward in a timely manner.
- Technology agnostic; you can use many various tools and third-party apps to manage work and get things done.
- Incredible attention to detail and ability to focus on multiple things concurrently.
- Ability to work on multiple projects in the same week or day.
- Ability and eagerness to work with a team in a fast-paced environment.
- A desire to work for redemptive brands and causes.
- A sense of humor.
Qualities We’re Looking For
You’re experienced in multiple things and don’t feel attached to your tools, you’ll learn what’s needed for the job or task, but you can go deep into a thing when you need to.
You love learning and self-teaching.
When faced with something you don’t understand— you’ll Google it and read a reputable article or watch a video on YouTube before you ask someone how to do a thing.
You sweat the small stuff.
You're always watching for typos, and keeping an eye out for the details that others miss. You get that the last 10% can make all the difference.
You’re analytical and creative.
You’re not scared to get deep into a spreadsheet, but you also have an eye for design and an ear for a good sentence.
You manage your own time and work effectively and efficiently.
You can express your opinion confidently.
You’re not scared to speak up when you disagree, or when you think something needs improvement, and you do it with confidence and respect for others.
You're a self-starter.
You see how to improve something, and you make it happen.
You're a team player.
You don’t care who has the idea, as long as it’s good. You care more about the end result than about personal recognition.
Tools You’ll be Utilizing
- Dropbox Paper
- G-Suite Tools
Whiteboard’s HQ is located in Chattanooga, Tennessee with co-working locations in Atlanta and Nashville. We are a remote-work friendly environment. We value community and our work culture so making time to visit HQ, co-working locations and attending team events is encouraged. This role will also be highly collaborative with the Director of Operations and Experience on our team who is located in Atlanta and also works out of the CHA office so working environments that make for easy collaboration will also be beneficial.
About the Understudy Program
Our understudy program is an entry-level program designed to support learning and growth within Whiteboard. This is a part-time position of < 28 hours per week. It starts off at a $15.00 hourly rate with two pay periods each month. Throughout the initial 4 months you’ll have the opportunity to gain new skills through regular checkpoints and measurable goals to increase hourly pay up to $25.00. During your first week we will outline and establish these learning and growth goals and track progress during the 4 months. After four months there will be four potential options:
- Part ways and seek other career opportunities
- Continued part-time work and explore new growth opportunities at Whiteboard
- Explore full-time options with Whiteboard
Since this is a part-time role you will work with the director to establish a weekly work schedule. This schedule will be adaptable to other part-time work if applicable. In addition, clear goals and check-points will be communicated and set at the beginning for increased pay opportunities and growth within Whiteboard.
Be Who You are With Us
We’re committed to building an inclusive, supportive culture at Whiteboard. That means we don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We welcome people of color, women, and LGBTQIA+ to apply.
At Whiteboard you’ll find an empathetic crew who checks their egos at the door. We aim to assume the best of each other, strive for excellence in all we do, lean into tough situations, and feel empowered to own our work. If that’s you, we expect you’ll be successful here.
See more details on our anti-racism efforts here.