As a Project Manager at Whiteboard, you are a rockstar for our clients — someone they trust to troubleshoot any risks or dependencies before they derail a project or even deliver bad news (but always with a solution in hand). For our production team, you are a master planner and protector: able to build project plans and timelines that account for contingencies before they arise — and able to gently-but-firmly guide our clients, teammates, or vendors to successful project completion.
In your role, you will be reporting to the Creative Director at Whiteboard. You’re responsible for project health, which includes scope, budget, change control, and timeline. As a project manager, it’s critical that you have strong leadership, organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills. You know how to keep a level head and not create panic or false urgency. You are a critical thinker, proficient communicator, planner, doer, and delegator. Ideally, you’re comfortable working in both waterfall and agile environments; you get the human psychology behind getting good project estimates from your teammates, and you’ve got experience managing digital brand processes and other digital projects.
Whiteboard’s HQ is located in Chattanooga, Tennessee with co-working locations in Atlanta and Nashville. We are a remote-work friendly environment. We value community and our work culture so making time to visit HQ, co-working locations and attending team events is encouraged. This role will also be highly collaborative with the Digital Marketing director and other designers on our team so working environments that make for easy collaboration will also be beneficial.
- Ensure client satisfaction by managing project health, communicating clearly, and making sure the work we deliver matches our internal and client standard of excellence.
- Build project timelines and project plans for new projects, working with other team members as needed
- Create a happy, calm, and confident atmosphere for the identity team by planning for contingencies and surfacing risk in advance, and raising the flag before problems arise.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for clients during the project lifecycle to manage project health/scope, facilitate stakeholder feedback, discuss project health/status, and deliver reporting, as needed.
- Setup project environments for clients and teams to enable project workflow, time tracking, document repositories, and aggregated client feedback.
- Contribute to the creation of project statements of work (SOW) by providing assumptions, risks, mitigation plans, timeline, and project plan when needed.
- Accurately track projects against their statement of work (SOW) and ensure correct time tracking, time-and-materials (T&M) reporting, milestone reporting, and weekly project health status updates.
- Work with the Creative Director to execute all change orders and account growth opportunities as they arise.
- Work with the Creative Director to plan and facilitate strategy workshops & creative workshops.
- Manage client communications, expectations, and strategies from inception through delivery of an engagement.
- Develop strong, engaging client relationships that foster partnership and growth.
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills both for client communication and team communication.
- Demonstrable ability to mitigate risk and lead successful projects.
- Ability to develop strong, engaging client relationships that foster partnership and growth.
- Understanding of digital project management and design/development terminology.
- Experience leading team and client communication around end-to-end identity and branding engagements.
- You’re motivated by a fast-paced, collaborative environment and have the organizational skills to push work forward in a timely manner.
- Technology agnostic; you can use many various tools and third-party apps to manage work and get things done.
- Incredible attention to detail and ability to focus on multiple things concurrently.
- Ability to work on multiple projects in the same week or day.
- Ability and eagerness to work with a team in a fast-paced environment.
- A desire to work for redemptive brands and causes.
- A sense of humor.
- Experience with project management software like Asana
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum project management methodologies
- Previous agency experience
- PMP, CSM or other Project Management Certifications
QUALITIES WE’RE LOOKING FOR
You’re an expert generalist.
You’re experienced in multiple things and don’t feel attached to your tools, you’ll learn what’s needed for the job or task, but you can go deep into a thing when you need to.
You love learning and self-teaching.
When faced with something you don’t understand— you’ll Google it and read a reputable article or watch a video on YouTube before you ask someone how to do a thing.
You sweat the small stuff.
You're always watching for typos, and keeping an eye out for the details that others miss. You get that the last 10% of a campaign is what can make all the difference.
You’re analytical and creative.
You’re not scared to get deep into a spreadsheet, but you also have an eye for design and an ear for a good sentence.
You manage your own time and work effectively and efficiently. You’re not the type to wait for someone to tell you when you’re over-budget or at a deadline.
You can express your opinion confidently.
You’re not scared to speak up when you disagree, or when you think something needs improvement, and you do it with confidence and respect for others.
You're a self-starter.
You understand when you already have permission...permission.. You see something broken, and you fix it. You see how to improve something, and you make it happen.
You're a team player.
You don’t care who has the idea, as long as it’s good. You care more about the end result than about personal recognition.