You will report to the Director on the Platforms Team at Whiteboard and you’ll be responsible for brainstorming creative concepts with the project team, developing original design concepts, executing designs based on established style guides, participating in presentations to clients, and developing design specs for production.
You’ll work on a focused team, together with strategists, designers, and developers. Collaboration is more than a buzzword here; you’ll be working closely with colleagues and clients that have diverse perspectives and expertise.
We’re looking for someone who thinks expansively about how to create multi-faceted and resilient design systems that can expand over time and at different touch points. You get equally excited about evolving an established brand as you do starting from scratch to build a new brand. You’re organized and a clear communicator who’s able to work both autonomously and collaboratively on projects that demand wide ranging skills.
- Design websites that creatively and strategically meet the goals of our clients.
- Present and explain your work to stakeholders in person or on video.
- Collaboration! You’ll work with strategists to inform content strategy from a design perspective, with other designers to shape the design work, and collaborate with engineers to build elegant, functional working versions of the work.
- Facilitate objective-driven feedback around brands & digital experiences.
- Understand the importance of branding as we are often expanding on existing design systems or starting from scratch.
- Ability to design media-rich, mobile-friendly web platforms using a user-centered approach.
- Great at type-driven layout design.
- Proficient in Figma.
- Ability to collaborate. We leave our egos at the door.
- 4+ years of design experience, but we value your portfolio and how you approach design thinking first and foremost.
- Strong conceptual thinking. We want people who can start a project off from an incredibly strong position and come up with surprising, smart concepts to move forward with.
- Adobe Creative Suite and Figma should be core elements of your toolbox.
- Ability to take ownership over your work and make the appropriate decisions to advance the project forward.
- Experience designing new, innovative layouts and designs that scale.
- A user-centric design approach, as evidenced by considerations for accessibility, technology platforms, and contextual storytelling.
- Ability to work on multiple projects in the same week if needed. We prioritize providing large blocks of time to focus on 1 project.
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills both for client communication and team communication.
- You gotta have a sense of humor.
- A great attitude and a lack of ego.
- Previous agency experience
- Webflow or Wordpress knowledge
QUALITIES WE’RE LOOKING FOR
You’re an expert generalist.
You’re experienced in multiple things and don’t feel attached to your tools, you’ll learn what’s needed for the job or task, but you can go deep into a thing when you need to.
You love learning and self-teaching.
When faced with something you don’t understand— you’ll Google it and read a reputable article or watch a video on YouTube before you ask someone how to do a thing.
You're a great writer, but an even better editor.
You can self-edit your work and trim all the fat until what’s left is all that is needed.
You can edit someone else’s work and polish it up.
You’re not afraid to edit someone’s else work or provide clear, courteous, honest feedback.
You sweat the small stuff.
You're always watching for typos, and keeping an eye out for the details that others miss. You get that the last 10% of a campaign is what can make all the difference.
You’re analytical and creative.
You’re not scared to get deep into a spreadsheet or Google Analytics, but you also have an eye for design.
You manage your own time and work effectively and efficiently. You’re not the type to wait for a project manager to tell when you’re over-budget or at a deadline.
You can express your opinion confidently.
You’re not scared to speak up when you disagree, or when you think something needs improvement, and you do it with confidence and respect for others.
You're a self-starter.
You understand when you already have permission.. You see something broken, and you fix it. You see how to improve something, and you make it happen.
You're a team player.
You don’t care who has the idea, as long as it’s good. You care more about the end result than about personal recognition.
If you think that you would be a good fit for our company and culture we would love to hear from you. Even if you do not have all the qualifications but think that you could be an asset to our company, please send your resume and cover by clicking the apply link below. For questions please reach out to Candace: email@example.com