The launch of IEX Group’s newly built website (iex.io) was a capstone project in an exciting digital transformation for IEX brands, including IEX Exchange, IEX Cloud, and swXtch.io, and IEX’s digital magazine, Square Edge.
“IEX innovates for fairness and performance. It was important to us to find an agency that could help us reimagine our brand online with intense creativity, deep experience in digital transformations, and a passion for our mission,” said Marija Zivanovic-Smith, IEX’s Chief Marketing & Communications Officer. “We found that with Whiteboard and appreciate their commitment to integrity and excellence.”
Whiteboard served across IEX brands including:
- IEX Exchange facilitates the trading of U.S. equities, combining a transparent business model with innovative design and technology.
- IEX Cloud is home to Apperate, a serverless stream processing platform that helps developers (and their end-users) take action on real-time data.
- swXtch.io is home to cloudSwXtch - a virtual overlay network that lets you add bare-metal features and performance to your cloud or edge applications with the touch of a button, without code changes.
- IEX Group builds technology that moves finance forward. Their story began when they built IEX Exchange, a stock exchange designed to deliver high-performance results for investors. In 2019, they introduced a cloud-based financial data platform called IEX Cloud, which makes it easy for more people to access and use high-quality financial datasets from across the industry. IEX builds transformative technology without compromising integrity.
- Square Edge is IEX’s digital magazine offering multimedia perspectives and insights on equities trading, market structure, technology, and digital assets.
Webflow was also a critical player in this digital overhaul, allowing IEX to streamline its digital marketing efforts. Whiteboard created component-based design systems for each platform that provide a starting point for the IEX marketing team to build new pages.
“Our team strategically leveraged the Webflow CMS to maximize editability by non-technical team members,” said Blake Lam, Technical Lead at Whiteboard. “Implementing this approach shifted ownership of marketing websites to marketing teams instead of product and IT teams, allowing marketers to create, test, and launch updates without relying on engineering.”
Said Taylor Jones, Co-Founder and CEO at Whiteboard: “IEX is the only real pioneer in the securities exchange industry today. Their work to bring fairness and transparency to what has been a black box of trading has established a new gold standard of ethics in the marketplace. Partnering with IEX to help bring more of their core technologies to market for other companies to leverage creates an environment where no finance company can make excuses when building products that lack transparency. IEX’s commitment to advancing fairness in the marketplace is at the heart of Whiteboard’s mission to advance a brighter future, and it’s our honor to be on this journey with their team.”